Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- The news about WWE Backstage is part of Fox scaling back on their plans to have a dedicated team working on WWE, per Orlando reporter Jon Alba. Last year at this time, the network planned to have one for wrestling just like they do for their other sports properties.
- Alba also tweeted that Backstage will be stripped back to only airing around PPV and “big shows”, but “none of the cuts will affect Smackdown’s status on Friday nights on Fox.”
- Kenny Omega announced that he and The Young Bucks decided against releasing Being The Elite as usual yesterday. There’s speculation the show could go on hiatus.
- WWE may be looking to repackage Wesley Blake & Steve Cutler, per WrestlingNews.co. The company doesn’t think the Forgotten Sons gimmick works given current events.
- Dave Crist was likely done with Impact even before the #SpeakingOut allegations against him. PW Insider says there was so much heat on him at the last taping, he wasn’t allowed to change in the locker room.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.