Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Despite all the teases on Monday Night Raw, Christian apparently still hasn’t been medically cleared.
- It’s expected Kevin Owens will be back for WWE television tapings on June 29, per the Observer.
- The Wrestling Observer Newsletter notes that when Paul Heyman and Eric Bischoff took over Raw and SmackDown, they had some legitimate draft/trade negotiations that led to Bray Wyatt and Braun Strowman on SmackDown so Raw would get the likes of Aleister Black, Andrade, and Charlotte Flair.
- They also say that folks at USA Network were behind making changes to Raw to build new stars and then got upset when they weren’t told sooner about things changing again.
- Evolve/WWN is apparently finished, according to the Observer, and the belief is the library was already sold to WWE.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.