Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- A source confirmed for WrestleVotes that yesterday’s taping at the WWE Performance Center was a mess, texting “How can I put this nicely: a complete, unbelievable, lack of leadership, full blown CLUSTERF***. They should be embarrassed. Total clown show.”
- Vince McMahon was already planning layoffs before WrestleMania 36, according to a report from ESPN.
- Speaking of furloughed employees, Pat Buck was brought back as a producer recently.
- WrestleTalk says Asuka doesn’t have anything to worry about with Paul Heyman gone. “WWE higher-ups, including Vince himself, as still high on” her, and see her as a “top player,” especially with Becky Lynch not around.
- Mustafa Ali has been “quietly shifted” from the SmackDown roster to the Raw one, per PW Insider.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.