Don’t have time to follow all of AEW’s online content? Don’t worry. We got you covered with the AEW Rewind, which will rewind through social media bits and YouTube videos from the past week to prepare you for Dynamite tonight.
After Kris Statlander’s knee injury was made public, Cody Rhodes provided a motivational tweet. Dr. Britt Baker DMD took notice of the favorable treatment and labeled Cody a conspirator in the scheme to keep the good doctor down.
Where was my motivational tweet Codeman? #Conspirator https://t.co/tjXxIhQau2— Dr. Britt Baker, D.M.D. (@RealBrittBaker) June 14, 2020
Cody responded with conspiratorial sass. That didn’t stop Dr. Baker from proposing a few excellent ideas.
That’s no way to talk to your employees, champ. Speaking of which- I’d like to propose a DMD championship title as well as a pina colada stand for the Roles Royce. cc: @TonyKhan https://t.co/S8u5XI7fLD— Dr. Britt Baker, D.M.D. (@RealBrittBaker) June 14, 2020
I’m pleased to announce that Tony Khan chimed in with a positive reaction for the piña colada stand.
Perfect. @tonyschiavone24 I’ll make sure it’s parked as close as possible! https://t.co/x7KdjUNzEl— Dr. Britt Baker, D.M.D. (@RealBrittBaker) June 14, 2020
I believe tonight’s episode of Dynamite was taped last week, so don’t expect libations to be flowing freely just yet. I do hope Khan keeps his word though. Heck, maybe AEW can work in a piña colada sponsorship to profit off this witty banter.
Jon Moxley was the guest on the latest episode of A Shot of Brandi. Brandi Rhodes and Mox drank Jack Daniels and Mexican Coca-Cola while cooking JD bacon mac & cheese. Watch the episode here.
Taz had a retort about Moxley being on that show. He pointed out how Brian Cage is getting ready for their AEW World Championship match at Fyter Fest.
While THE CHAMP is making Mac n Cheese and cracking jokes... @MrGMSI_BCage just ate 5 boiled Chicken Breast, 4 Yams & 12 steamed Egg Whites after Hack Squats & Full Squats with 7 PLATES. #FyterFest https://t.co/SHfjBJgyrT— TAZ (@OfficialTAZ) June 14, 2020
It looks like Cage may have found his next victim for violence. Robert Anthony spouted off tough guy talk as a friend of Moxley.
I respect your body of work, I respect your loyalty your friend and I also respect your guts. But I have to let you know... you will get completely smashed if you mess w/ @MrGMSI_BCage https://t.co/szuMDRRDPQ— TAZ (@OfficialTAZ) June 17, 2020
Anthony has been doing work on AEW Dark. When I say work, I mean losing matches. Don’t be surprised if Cage destroys Anthony very soon.
Update: Tony Khan made the match official. #DeadMeat.
There you go it’s official for next week ...like the Boss just said “good luck”... @MrGMSI_BCage vs @Egos1313 #AEWDark #DeadMeat https://t.co/I0ClP8zBMG— TAZ (@OfficialTAZ) June 17, 2020
Being the Elite
“Take It Home” - Being The Elite, Ep. 208 (here) featured:
- The Young Bucks, Kenny Omega, and Hangman Page were in line for the bathroom. Matt Jackson tried to figure a way to skip to the front, so he bladed. The sympathy earned him access to the john. Michael Nakazawa was inside sitting on the toilet. Matt wanted to kick him out, since he was bleeding. Nak pulled out a wad of used toilet paper, “You’re bleeding? Me too!” Ewwwwww. Nak had an issue with anal bleeding.
- Travel montage from the Bucks inside airports. Brandon Cutler had to squeeze into the middle seat between Brian Cage and Luchasaurus.
- AEW has been doing temperature checks as part of coronavirus precautions for shows.
- Hangman Page had a whiskey in hand and wanted to chill with Omega. The bar had 2% milk for Kenny to drink. Matt Hardy invited himself for a red wine. He also invited the Bucks, but Omega explained that they wouldn’t be interested. The Bucks are Christian as f—k. Hardy replied with a long drawn, “Ahhhhhhhhhh.”
- The Best Friends and Orange Cassidy still had no ideas for new BTE skits. The Best Friends escaped when the smoke machine blew.
- Tony Schiavone entered SCU’s locker room to chat with Christopher Daniels about his colonoscopy. Frankie Kazarian was sick of hearing about CD’s butthole stories. He wanted CD to take it home. This was an elaborate segue into Matt Hardy’s “Terms of the Inside.” Take it home is a term meaning the performer must get to the finale of the segment.
- Colt Cabana knocked on Kenny’s door about a segment idea. When Kenny learned that Harrington wasn’t in the building, he realized nobody was there to protect Colt. A chase scene ensued. Colt ended up pinning Omega on a roll-up in the ring. Omega shoved referee Rick Knox in anger. Knox pushed Kenny down in front of everyone. Kenny was terrified that everyone can kick his ass.
- Alex Abrahantes was back with, “Speaking Spanglish.” Chequear was the word of the day. Santana and Ortiz provided context for ‘to check’ and ‘check out’.
- Best Friends and OC brainstormed about being pirates. Trent thought this was the best year of their lives. OC was confused at liking 2020.
- Hangman took out $12 to pay his debt with Private Party. Nick Jackson interrupted to inform Private Party that their bit wasn’t liked by fans. He has to take it out of BTE. Nick canceled them. Private Party didn’t believe him and thought it was a rib. Nick got serious and they finally understood. Matt Hardy was there to mentor them. When one door closes, another one opens. Hangman put the $12 back into his wallet.
This was a wacky episode of BTE. The humor was on the vulgar side, which is right up my alley. I didn’t understand the cliffhanger about Private Party being cancelled, but Nick Jackson was dead ass serious. I don’t know if it will lead to a tweak for the team or if it will just be a new BTE bit.
What’s your theory about the future for Private Party?
We’ll close with a new t-shirt from the Young Bucks.
It's been awhile but here it is! *NEW* Young Buck shirt @MattJackson13 now on https://t.co/9hHlXpcSbp...they are still Killing the Business! #AEWDynamite #AllEliteWrestling pic.twitter.com/APMwGGFWTd— ShopAEW.com (@TheShopAEW) June 16, 2020
Or, you could support the future tag team champions.
Le Sex Gods for le win!