Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Edge’s triceps tear didn’t happen during the initial taping of the match, according to Dave Meltzer on Wrestling Observer Radio. WWE reshot portions of “The Greatest Wrestling Match Ever” multiple times.
- Meltzer also says Sunday night’s Asuka/Nia Jax match at Backlash had its finish changed.
- Drake Maverick didn’t know he was being offered a new contract until the cruiserweight tournament filmed, per PW Insider.
- The locker room’s reaction to Jaxson Ryker’s pro-Trump tweet shortly after George Floyd’s murder looks to have cost Forgotten Sons a planned SmackDown Tag Title program. The group’s been off TV for two weeks, and Fightful reports they’re not in WWE’s plans for this week’s taping of the June 19 & 26 episodes, either.
- The Observer’s Bryan Alvarez tweeted that WWE had a small group of real fans mixed in with the Performance Center talent at last night’s Raw. Orlando reporter Jon Alba said he was told some were friends of wrestlers.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.