Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Twitter’s rovert says he heard from multiple sources that “AJ Styles had a horrible time on Raw.” Styles allegedly didn’t get along with Paul Heyman and didn’t like the locker room making fun of his politics & conspiracy theories.
- On F4WOnline’s The Board, Dave Meltzer wrote that Styles was “furious” with Heyman that Luke Gallows & Karl Anderson were released. It was Vince McMahon’s call, but AJ probably thought Heyman could have fought harder for his friends.
- Edge and Randy Orton’s rematch was originally planned for SummerSlam but moved up due to WWE’s current lack of star power, per Sportskeeda’s Gary Cassidy.
- Meltzer said on Wrestling Observer Radio that combining the Raw and SmackDown rosters into “one troupe” is something that’s “been talked about”.
- Evolve is in major financial trouble and may be looking to sell “pretty much everything” to WWE, according to Wrestling Observer Newsletter.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.