Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- WrestleVotes says that Raw “has been a mess lately”, with the show recently being “changed up to the point of air.” The show could not continue in that state, and Paul Heyman took the fall.
- A source told PW Insider that Vince McMahon is “very upset” and openly “frustrated” with Raw. There’s no word yet on other possible cuts coming to the creative team.
- Wrestling Observer Live’s Bryan Alvarez was given the impression that Vince McMahon was also “not happy” about the recent snipes between Randy Orton and Tommaso Ciampa.
- Alvarez was told that the unedited Backlash match between Edge and Orton, which has already been taped, lasted roughly 30 to 35 minutes.
- Chris Jericho mentioned on Talk is Jericho that the original plan for Mike Tyson’s appearance on AEW Dynamite was to knock out Sammy Guevara.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.