Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- On Wrestling Observer Radio, Dave Meltzer said Dominik Dijakovic will be called up to the Monday Night Raw brand.
- The Wrestling Observer Newsletter says that Nia Jax vs. Kairi Sane was taped for Raw this week and the latter suffered an injury that may be edited out. Sane is okay, however, and there’s apparently no heat on Jax for what happened.
- According to PW Insider, over the past few days WWE informed some executives and company officials that they will have their pay reduced in response to the pandemic.
- Piggybacking on that, the Observer says producers and referees will be getting a 20-percent pay cut as well.
- SEScoops says Chris DeJoseph was fired by WWE for inappropriate remarks during a meeting. Vince McMahon was apparently “irate” about it.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.