Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- The Wrestling Observer Newsletter says Vince McMahon’s attitude toward how to handle the Roman Reigns situation changes on a daily basis. That’s why we’ve seen references to him come and go.
- According to the Observer, there is likely a big bump spot planned for Money in the Bank on the roof of the WWE Headquarters, as Vince McMahon demonstrated it for an unknown wrestler to show it was safe.
- AJ Styles is the early favorite to win the men’s Money in the Bank ladder match.
- Speaking of Styles, the Observer says the story with Apollo Crews being injured and Styles coming back was always the plan. And speaking of Crews, it’s also being said he could be in a heel stable with MVP, Brendan Vink, and Shane Thorne but that’s just one of several options.
- On Wrestling Observer Live, it was stated WWE is keeping an eye on how the NFL is handling ticket sales for upcoming games.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.