Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- PW Insider claims at one point the plan was to scatter segments of the Money in the Bank ladder match throughout the entire pay-per-view, rather than air it as one continuous segment.
- The Hour says that match was allowed to be filmed at WWE HQ because media companies provide essential services that are not subject to Connecticut’s stay-at-home order.
- AJ Styles wanted to sell the Boneyard finish longer before returning to television, but WWE needed his star power back.
- On Wrestling Observer Radio, Dave Meltzer said the reason there was some confusion about the Street Profits vs. Viking Raiders not being a title match earlier this week on Raw, is because the phrase “non-title” is currently banned in WWE, so it wasn’t advertised as such.
- Meltzer also mentioned that NJPW’s cancellation of their August show at Madison Square Garden doesn’t mean they won’t be running any shows in Japan until then. In fact, they are now considering the idea of doing empty arena shows.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.