Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Because Becky Lynch was promoted for next week’s Raw to call out the Money in the Bank winner, it’s expected Asuka, Shayna Baszler, or Nia Jax will win the briefcase Sunday.
- Otis denied a Ringside News report that WWE now considers him a singles wrestler. He told CBS Sports’ Brent Brookhouse his Heavy Machinery partnership with Tucker is “full tilt”.
- There’s a backstage push to give MVP a stable of wrestlers, according to WrestlingNew.co‘s source. The site speculates this could tie in to the Apollo Crews heel turn plans they reported.
- Chris Cruise posted documents on his Facebook page showing his complaint resulted in the Maryland State Athletic Commission fining AEW $10K for Jon Moxley & Kenny Omega’s bloody main event at Full Gear. More on this here.
- On his podcast, Arn Anderson implied Vince McMahon made the call to bury The Ascension back in 2015 shortly after they were brought to Raw from NXT.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.