Don’t have time to follow all of AEW’s online content? Don’t worry. We got you covered with the AEW Rewind, which will rewind through social media bits and YouTube videos from the past week to prepare you for Dynamite tonight.
AEW’s, “Road to Double or Nothing,” (here) featured:
- The opening segment was a lightsaber fight between Cody Rhodes and Tony Schiavone. QT interrupted their Star Wars Day fun to ask which one was playing as Sergeant Spock.
- Cody, Tony, and QT had a video call with Hikaru Shida. She played a song on the piano. In my opinion, the facial reactions of the fellows looked like they were dreaming about playing Star Wars again instead of listening to the song.
- QT discussed his wrestling career, neck injury, and working behind the scenes. Teaming with Cody was the greatest night of his professional career. He was honored when Dustin Rhodes asked him to become a tag team. QT feels a lot of pressure to live up to the Nightmare Family reputation.
- Luther reminded us of his history as the original death dealer. He has not forgotten his fight with Jimmy Havoc. When Havoc least expects it, Luther will attack. The camera zoomed out to show a photo of Havoc with “Kill” written all over it.
- TH2 is the most diverse, unique tag team in professional wrestling. They are underused, undervalued, and underappreciated. The yardstick to success in AEW has been friendship and favoritism. They must lead an All Elite exposition. Best Friends have been deemed heretics. Retribution shall be their humiliation.
- QT made a home visit to DDP. DDP didn’t want him in the house due to virus precautions, so they spoke on cell phones through a big window. QT has a major opportunity to wrestle Lance Archer. He was concerned about how everyone was taking his skills for granted. DDP provided a pep talk about having to work harder to overcome. Fans will react to QT’s self-confidence. Go out there and own it.
Since this episode was the road to Double or Nothing, I’m wondering if they provided hints about which matches to expect. Havoc vs Luther and TH2 vs Best Friends were the encounters teased. I believe Jack Evans is living in Mexico at the moment, so I’m not sure if that travel situation will be resolved by May 23.
Being the Elite
“An Old Carny Trick” - Being The Elite, Ep. 202 (here) featured:
- Brandon Culter upgraded his Kickout Challenge from pin covers to false finishes. Matt Hardy explained that term (false finish) of the inside with broken brilliance. Cutler was joined by the Young Bucks. He took their moves but couldn’t kick out. For the last pin, Matt Jackson threw powder in Cutler’s eyes. Jackson revealed it was an old carny trick of using Kool-Aid powder.
- The three Jackson brothers played Horse on the basketball court. The letters were BTE instead of Horse. Matt claimed he was the best, but he was the first to be eliminated.
- Cody Rhodes and Tony Schiavone debuted a new segment called Quarantine Confessions. Tony confessed that he is addicted to playing PS4. Cody dropped an FTR hint by drinking out of a coffee cup with the letters FTR written on it.
- Luchasaurus was coming back from Panda Express. He still hadn’t found Super Panda. That was until he threw his container at the dumpster and it hit some dude that turned out to be Super Panda. Panda was upset about Luchasaurus being a scumbag. Luchasaurus never called Super Panda when he was injured. Panda declined to assist Luchasaurus in his quest to find his tail. Luchasaurus apologized, so Panda offered to help.
- A little Colt Cabana bopping head flashed across the screen of the previous segment to keep his streak alive of appearing on BTE to anger Kenny Omega.
- Taz spoke with Benigno Bodega. Taz loves all his co-workers except Excalibur. Excalibur is jealous. Taz also doesn’t like Tony Schiavone because he owes him money.
- Ref Jackson won the BTE Horse game when Nick slipped on a layup.
- Private Party hung out in a backyard and found an L. Marq Quen exited then was tripped by a bear and hit his head on a brick. Isiah Kassidy was boozing in the back dreaming up being hit by a creepy masked man. Kassidy then recalled the teddy bear that beat them up in a hotel room. Kassidy realized that the bear is the culprit of who jumped them.
- Hangman Page made sourdough bread from home. As he walked away from the counter, a black box revealed he wasn’t wearing pants. It looked like he just put a loaf of white bread in the pan. Hangman panicked about not being safe enough when he didn’t disinfect the flour purchased at the store.
Cody Rhodes will have to face Lance Archer in the TNT Championship tournament final at Double or Nothing on May 23. Brandi Rhodes revealed that may have been Cody’s plan from the start.
Scary? No, not if it’s precisely what he wanted all along. https://t.co/sb5WySk8R5— The Brandalorian (@TheBrandiRhodes) May 2, 2020
This random tweet from Hangman Page made me laugh.
can i drink water from this creek or what— HANGMAN PAGE (@theAdamPage) May 6, 2020
Then it gave me hope that Hangman may be there tonight on Dynamite after I saw this photo of Taz.
Notice the river in the background. It would be like Hangman to call that a creek. And yes, I’m really reaching here. Hangman most likely won’t be on Dynamite, but we can hope.
We’ll close with a silly photo of the Bubbly Bunch.