Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- On Wrestling Observer Radio, Dave Meltzer mentioned the Money in the Bank ladder matches were actually taped weeks ago.
- PW Insider says the rest of the show will air live the night of the event from the Performance Center.
- For what it’s worth, Cesaro mentioned on his Twitch stream that he won’t be working Money in the Bank.
- Per PW Insider, Brendan Vink is in line for a big push on Raw even while he’s still listed as an NXT star.
- The Observer notes that Paul Heyman is a fan of Akira Tozawa, and that could be why he’s been booked on Raw as much as he has.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.