Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- According to Dave Meltzer on Sunday Night’s Main Event, WWE wanted to keep AJ Styles out longer to sell what happened in the Boneyard Match. The speculation is that names like Styles, Edge, and Randy Orton are being brought back early due to WWE’s ratings struggles.
- On Wrestling Observer Radio, Meltzer also said Forgotten Sons call up happened because of Jimmy Uso’s injury.
- A source told WrestlingNews.co that WWE plans to turn Apollo Crews heel.
- The Revival-related trademarks WWE opposed last week were actually handed over to the company as part of the deal Dax Harwood & Cash Wheeler negotiated to get their release, per Fightful.
- Lio Rush, one of the Superstars released by WWE last month, tweeted ”I legitimately might not ever wrestle again”.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.