Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- According to the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Mike Tyson in AEW is a long term thing with Chris Jericho and he’s being paid a lot of money for it with the thought that it’s worth the gamble.
- Despite multiple recent appearances on WWE television, there’s no word on Kurt Angle signing a new deal with the company.
- Per PW Insider, Ric Flair and WWE came to terms over the rights to trademarks for “The Man” the latter had been using for Becky Lynch. The belief is that it was part of his re-signing with the company recently.
- WrestleTalk says Dominik Dijakovic will be one of the NXT wrestlers getting called up to the WWE main roster soon.
- The Observer says Christopher DeJoseph was let go by WWE. He was “one of the lead writers for SmackDown.”
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.