Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Matt Riddle’s main roster debut is “imminent” according to Wrestling Observer. His match Wednesday is either his NXT send off, or the set-up for it.
- Multiple sites reported Drew Gulak is working this week’s SmackDown tapings as it looks like he re-signed with WWE. More on this here.
- A source told Paul Davis of WrestlingNews.co that Vince McMahon waited to use wrestlers as audience members for TV tapings because he “felt it was a bad look” given social distancing measures recommended by health officials.
- Expect the crowd set-up from last night to be the “new normal” for Raw and SmackDown until actual fans can attend shows again.
- Per his wife Dana, Matt Jackson worked Double or Nothing with a broken rib.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.