Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- The expectation is Sami Zayn will work a program with whoever wins the Intercontinental championship tournament, per the Wrestling Observer Newsletter.
- They also say Shayna Baszler is still heavily in the plans at the top of the card in the Raw women’s division in the coming months.
- According to Tony Khan the Stadium Stampede match was a collaborative effort among those involved in the match, who all came up with ideas for it.
- Per the Observer, Fenix wanted to work Double or Nothing with his ankle injury but he was limping around and AEW convinced him to sit it out, which led to Joey Janela working the Casino Ladder match.
- Tony Schiavone said on the Double or Nothing post show that Britt Baker will be out around six weeks. Later, Tony Khan said it would be anywhere between six weeks and two months.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.