Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Rhea Ripley told Flash Morgan Webster’s Wrestling Friends podcast that she wasn’t originally supposed to win the NXT title from Shayna Baszler. The plan was to bring Ripley in and have her tap out to Baszler in a one-off match.
- According to Wrestling Observer Live’s Bryan Alvarez, Matt Jackson is “believed” to have suffered a broken rib after a dive on Dynamite. Meanwhile, Rey Fenix is banged up after his fall, but should be okay to work Double or Nothing on Saturday.
- Britt Baker was also injured in her match on Dynamite, and Alvarez heard that it’s “probably a torn ACL”, which could put her out of action for the better part of a year.
- Matt Hardy told the New York Post that his brother Jeff still has “a big chunk of time” left on his WWE contract.
- On his podcast, Jim Ross said that Chris Jericho was supposed to be in the 4-Way main event at WrestleMania 2000, but Vince McMahon replaced him with Mick Foley, because he thought that Jericho was too short.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.