Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- WWE is instructing media outlets to introduce Drew McIntyre as “the star of Monday Night Raw” when they interview him, per ESPN’s Arda Ocal.
- Wrestling Observer Radio’s Dave Meltzer said WWE is no longer worried about whether released wrestlers will sign with AEW or other competitors in the current environment.
- According to an article in The Athletic, creditors believe Vince McMahon may have declared bankruptcy for the XFL to avoid paying operating costs during the pandemic, with plans to buy back the league at “fire sale prices” and re-start it with a clean slate.
- Contrary to a report last week, Meltzer told Sunday Night’s Main Event that Ric Flair is not currently under contract to WWE.
- During an interview with Ring The Belle, Taynari Conti claimed WWE officials told her not to say “crazy” on television after she taunted opponents by asking “are you crazy?”
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.