Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Per the Observer, there does seem to be something to the talk of Sting possibly going to AEW.
- On Wrestling Observer Radio, Dave Meltzer noted that “wrestling” is no longer a banned word and Paul Heyman loves it, which could be why this Edge-Randy Orton feud has gone the way it has.
- He also said that Charlotte’s presentation is that she’s supposed to just be a star, not necessarily a babyface or a heel.
- WrestleVotes notes that it’s still to be determined what is planned for the rest of the year for WWE on PPV but prior plans had Clash of Champions on Sept. 20 in Newark, Hell in a Cell on Oct. 18 in Atlanta, the Saudi Arabia show on Nov. 5, Survivor Series on Nov. 22 in Dallas, and TLC on Dec. 20 in Chicago.
- Despite the push for Drake Maverick of late, all signs still point to his being done with WWE.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.