Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- WWE sources told Fightful that Roman Reigns “does not seem in any rush to return, and nobody here faults him for it.” The site says Reigns doesn’t figure into the company’s creative plans at this point.
- That report also claimed there’s been no pressure on Roman to return, and several people “high up in the company” weren’t told why he was edited out of the Seth Rollins Money in the Bank cash-in video.
- Asuka’s face turn came about for the reason most of us figured it did, per Wrestling Observer Radio’s Dave Meltzer - because heels Nia Jax and Shayna Baszler are the next title programs.
- According to Sportskeeda’s Gary Cassidy, NXT officials have been conducting virtual seminars with the UK roster and have a plan to resume tapings as soon as possible.
- PW Insider reported that WWE Vice President of Global Television Production Michael Mansury recently departed the company after giving notice several months. Wrestling Observer says many thought Mansury would eventually replace Kevin Dunn.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.