Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Vince McMahon is determined to have a live crowd at SummerSlam, says the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, and that could mean pushing it back so it can have fans in attendance for it.
- They also say the word is WWE is not giving out any raises right now, and that could be part of what’s holding up a new deal for Rey Mysterio.
- Speaking of which, Drew Gulak’s negotiations with WWE came to a standstill when he asked for more money.
- The Observer does say, however, that it may not be a dead issue, though the belief is that he’s gone.
- Per WWE Network News, episodes of WWE Confidential from 2003 and 2004 will be added to the Network this week.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.