Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Per the Observer, many within WWE are upset about the decision to strip Sami Zayn of the Intercontinental championship.
- For that matter, some are apparently working when they would rather not to avoid any possible repercussions.
- The Wrestling Observer Newsletter notes that original plans called for Becky Lynch to wrestle Nia Jax at Money in the Bank before her pregnancy changed things.
- They also say Shayna Baszler was planned to win the women’s Money in the Bank contract and that would lead to her continuing her feud with Lynch through the summer.
- Money in the Bank running at a shorter length than usual WWE shows is not a new doctrine, says the Observer, but could become the new rule until fans are back.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.