Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- On Wrestling Observer Radio, Dave Meltzer said the impetus for Mike Tyson’s upcoming appearance at Double or Nothing is that he was backstage at last year’s event and loved everything about it.
- According to WrestleVotes, a long storyline akin to something like the Nexus invasion or McMahon limo explosion, was supposed to play out in WWE during the spring and summer months, but it was scrapped because it greatly depends on fan reaction.
- NBA star (and former 24/7 champion) Enes Kanter said that he has been offered a WWE deal and plans to accept when his basketball career is over.
- Even though Hangman Page and the Young Bucks have not wrestled on Dynamite in roughly two months, they are expected back for the Stadium Stampede match at Double or Nothing.
- Per PW Insider, WWE has taped two weeks of 205 Live episodes, and regular episodes of the show will return to WWE Network this week.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.