Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- WrestleVotes tweeted a report on SummerSlam which claims WWE wants the show to remain as scheduled in Boston, even though the city’s made it clear that isn’t likely.
- WWE is said to be looking for a new location where they can do the show with fans in attendance, which would likely mean Florida or Georgia. Moving the show to September is a possibility.
- They haven’t heard anything about the status of TakeOver: Boston.
- Vince McMahon is not upset about Becky Lynch getting pregnant and leaving the company, according to WrestleTalk. The site’s sources also say there’s no heat on Seth Rollins, or pressure on him to continue wrestling amidst coronavirus concerns as Lynch’s due date approaches.
- Ric Flair recently re-signed with WWE when his last deal expired in December, per Wrestling Inc.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.