Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Sting is not currently under contract to WWE, per Pro Wrestling Sheet. It’s possible they could still work out a deal, but it’s also possible there could be something to the AEW speculation.
- Speaking of speculation... in an interview conducted after the match was filmed, Otis told Digital Spy he’d use the Money in the Bank briefcase on a SmackDown Tag Title shot for Heavy Machinery if he won. So some people think that’s the plan.
- Bryan Alvarez & Dave Meltzer of Wrestling Observer Radio both think WWE is working toward a more traditional AJ Styles/Undertaker match.
- The issues within Zelina Vega’s team we saw on Raw are likely leading to one person getting kicked off it, per PW Insider’s Mike Johnson, who wrote: “When Austin Theory debuted at WrestleMania I was told he was not long for the group.”
- Vince McMahon wanted Money in the Bank to be a shorter show, according to WrestlingNews.co. He apparently wants to keep PPV runtimes down while they’re running without fans.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.