Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- The “brand-to-brand invitation” rule is a response to Raw and SmackDown’s recent ratings decline, per Wrestling Observer. A source told Post Wrestling it was requested by the networks.
- On Twitter, Ryan Satin mentioned he’s heard rumors about Rey Mysterio leaving WWE soon. Dave Meltzer refuted this at the Observer, and Jim Ross said on a recent edition of his Grilling JR podcast that he heard Rey recently re-signed with WWE.
- That dive Becky Lynch talked about seeing Vince McMahon demonstrate? It wasn’t for Money in the Bank, but for the spot Rob Gronkowski did at WrestleMania 36. Fightful says Vince did it reassure a “terrified” Gronk.
- More Vince! WrestlingNews.co was told McMahon was okay with having wrestlers fight in his office at Money in the Bank but didn’t want the room “trashed” because he didn’t want anything to happen to the T. Rex skull on his wall.
- Even more Vince! According to PW Insider, Daniel Bryan and AJ Styles put the chairs back because that’s what guests are expected to do when they leave McMahon’s office.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.