Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Jeff Hardy was considered as a replacement for Roman Reigns at WrestleMania 36 before WWE went with Braun Strowman, according to WrestleTalk.
- Whoever faced Goldberg was going to win, as the Hall of Famer didn’t have any more dates on his current deal, per WrestleTalk. He wasn’t interested in adding more, either.
- Sticking with Bill, WrestleZone says his winning the Universal title in Saudi Arabia was a last minute decision. Goldberg lobbied for the change since he sees his character as a superhero and thought losing to a monster like The Fiend would hurt his image with younger fans.
- The site also says Bray Wyatt “eventually agreed to put him [Goldberg] over, which might have gained him some more favor with the locker room.”
- Several places have reported there’s no heat on Reigns for pulling out of WrestleMania 36. WrestleTalk said sources told them Vince McMahon was “very accepting” of Roman’s decision.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.