Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Per WrestleVotes, the expectation is the next time we see Undertaker he will be working the hybrid BikerTaker character we saw in the Boneyard match.
- PW Insider notes that WWE is planning on taping television at the Performance Center and has a plan to change ropes, turnbuckles, aprons, and the canvas between every match. They’ll also do a deep clean on the facility to ensure everyone stays healthy.
- The AEW offer for Edge was nowhere near what WWE ultimately offered, says Dave Meltzer on Wrestling Observer Radio.
- Speaking of Edge, he also said he was told not to blame anyone who edited Edge vs. Randy Orton because “someone at the top overruled other people.”
- WWE believes Charlotte Flair is a babyface and that’s why she went over at WrestleMania 36, per the Observer.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.