Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- WWE is planning to film this week’s SmackDown from “a location they’re trying to keep secret” in a state currently under a shutdown order, per Dave Meltzer on Wrestling Observer Radio.
- The Observer also reports that Becky Lynch and Shayna Baszler’s feud isn’t over. A rematch might not be next for Lynch, but WWE will come back to it.
- ESPN’s Marc Raimondi tweeted that Kurt Angle is partially to thank for the Boneyard match. When Undertaker was upset about the Goldberg match in Saudi Arabia, Angle suggested he work with AJ Styles because AJ would give him his “best match in years”.
- If you’re wondering how WWE managed to keep any spoilers from getting out between when WrestleMania 36 was filmed and when it aired, SI’s Justin Barrasso says they told anyone caught leaking results would be fired.
- Barrasso also claims a sticking point in WWE’s negotiations with ESPN about WrestleMania has been ESPN wanting rights to reveal “behind-the-scenes aspects of WWE”.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.