Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- WrestleVotes notes that we should expect the two matches taking place off location to be on separate nights, which would mean Undertaker vs. AJ Styles on one night and John Cena vs. Bray Wyatt on the other.
- Per the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, even though wrestlers said they would be on certain nights in promos that doesn’t mean they’ll be on those nights after the show is edited together.
- According to the Observer, talk of Hulk Hogan appearing at WrestleMania 36 is untrue in the sense that he wasn’t there for any tapings on location. He could be edited in some other way, however.
- They also say FOX wanted the WrestleMania 36 Kickoff show but Vince McMahon turned them down.
- AEW has taped upwards of two months worth of programming over the past couple weeks, per the Observer.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.