Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- There’s speculation, notably from Sportskeeda’s Tom Colohue, that WWE will revert to their pre-Goldberg, pre-pandemic plan at Money in the Bank and have Bray Wyatt beat Braun Strowman for the Universal title so he can eventually drop it to Roman Reigns.
- Fightful’s Sean Ross Sapp said he confirmed with Andrade that Vince McMahon told the Mexican Superstar to learn English if he wanted to move up the card.
- While discussing Cain Velasquez’s WWE release, Sapp also reported “there are other names that have been cut that WWE didn’t publicly announce.”
- According to PW Insider, Impact’s TNA special “did way, way, way better than anybody ever hoped” and that’s why they’re incorporating more TNA “stuff” into their current product. We should also expect to see more TNA on Impact going forward.
- Everything old is new again... Luchablog says Alberto El Patron no-showed a scheduled interview with +LuchaTV on Tuesday night.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.