Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Per WrestleVotes, unlike in the not too distant past, WWE is now willing to release wrestlers who ask for it.
- The word going around is the pandemic is the reason we haven’t seen multiple top stars working shows, and why Raw is particularly light.
- There’s speculation that Apollo Crews may be dealing with an actual injury, and that’s why he was written out of Money in the Bank.
- The Observer notes that AAA had thoughts of trying to work with WWE to allow Cain Velasquez to wrestle in the promotion. With his release, there’s an expectation that he could go back.
- According to Wrestling Inc, Frank Riddick, who was named interim CFO at WWE after George Barrios and Michelle Wilson left the company, was offered his position weeks before Barrios and Wilson officially left.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.