Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- While Triple H is “certainly the favorite” to one day replace Vince McMahon as the head of WWE creative, Dave Meltzer said on Wrestling Observer Radio that “it is not a lock” he’ll get the job.
- Meltzer also reports that Gerald Brisco was released in WWE’s April 15 cuts. UPDATE: Meltzer clarified on WOR that Brisco was furloughed.
- WWE brass are high on Cal Bloom, the second generation prospect Sheamus squashed on the April 10 SmackDown. Paul Davis of WrestlingNews.co wrote that “Vince thinks he can be a big deal” with more experience.
- Per PW Insider, AEW’s current plan is to air Dynamite live every other week starting on May 6
- Insider also says WWE is opposing Cody Rhodes trademark claims for “The Match Beyond” and “Slamboree”.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.