Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Vince McMahon believes that Raw’s ratings drop is not because of empty buildings and the coronavirus. Instead, it’s because new talent is being featured who still have to get over, and because Brock Lesnar is no longer WWE champion.
- Cody Rhodes recently filed for a trademark of the name Cody Rhodes, per Fightful.
- Fightful also says that Killer Kross’ new name of Karrion Kross was his own idea, rather than WWE’s.
- On Wrestling Observer Radio, Dave Meltzer said that Being The Elite is “not dead” but the end is “probably near.”
- Meltzer also noted that MJF will return to Dynamite at the next set of AEW tapings, and he may already be in quarantine ahead of that.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.