Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Boston’s TD Garden is telling fans they haven’t heard from WWE about any changes to the plans for SummerSlam, which is scheduled to happen there on August 23.
- WWE did plan to have Rob Gronkowski wrestle at SummerSlam according to WrestlingNews.co, but it’s now unlikely he’ll do much of anything thanks to his return to football.
- The boss’ bad moods are a running joke backstage at WWE, per Mike Johnson on PW Insider Elite Audio: “It’s great to get a raise and a promotion, but the raise and promotion you don’t wanna get is the one that’s gonna put you in the direct sight of Vince McMahon.”
- Sources told Fightful “the primary line of thinking in releasing NXT talent were people who had expressed their dissatisfaction creatively, or had long tenures there without plans.”
- On his podcast, Arn Anderson confirmed that Cesaro is “not a favorite guy of the [WWE] front office” and that Dolph Ziggler has gotten himself in trouble with management for being too outspoken.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.