Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Regarding that anonymous complaint, “a direct source in the know” told WrestleVotes WWE has “not FORCED anyone to work during this time.”
- Dax Harwood & Cash Wheeler already have heat on the indies, per PW Insider, as Caleb Konley & Zane Riley have been calling their tag team “The Revolt” name for five years.
- Pictures of the set at Titan Towers in Stamford that are floating around show the corporate ladder matches at Money in the Bank will culminate with a traditional ladder match on the roof.
- Lots of places, including Wrestling Inc, are speculating that WWE has dropped plans to split Bobby Lashley and Lana up as an on-screen couple.
- On Wrestling Observer Radio, Dave Meltzer said WWE’s plans for NXT Japan are off due to COVID-19.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.