Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Per WrestleVotes, WWE has started looking into an alternative plan for WrestleMania 37 if it turns out SoFi Stadium isn’t open in time or if an event won’t be allowed at that time.
- Dave Meltzer noted on Wrestling Observer Radio that there were no real plans to follow up on the Lana/Liv Morgan love storyline.
- Meltzer also seemed to indicate that the reason WWE went back to taping shows is because the networks told Vince McMahon taped shows wouldn’t change their deal.
- Mandy Rose told TB Series Hub that she was the one who pitched Vince McMahon to do the storyline with Otis.
- BodySlam.net has alleged designs on ring gear for The Revival that Vince McMahon wanted them to use for the comedy gimmick he had drawn up for them.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.