Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- The mood at the WWE Performance Center before Raw was “one of uncertainty,” according to WrestleVotes. A lot of talent knew they shouldn’t be there, but realized it was their job.
- A person the site described as a friend of Roman Reigns told WrestlingNews.co that Reigns “probably” won’t return to WWE “for at least a few months”.
- Despite everything that happened online last weekend and his belief she’ll be back at some point, Wrestling Observer’s Dave Meltzer writes that there are no current plans for Ronda Rousey to come back to WWE.
- Video game designer Justin Leeper says WWE 2K21 has been cancelled. His sources tell him that instead, there are plans for a ”different kind of WWE game from a different kind of game developer.”
- UFC star Colby Covington told MMA Fighting’s Mike Heck he’s been talking to Bobby Lashley, Kurt Angle & Ronda Rousey about transitioning to WWE and hopes to do so in 2021.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.