Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- On Wrestling Observer Radio, Dave Meltzer said that the Elite Deletion match teased by Matt Hardy is “not a sure thing” and “still being decided upon.”
- Fightful has been told that Kevin Owens repeatedly pitches the Package Piledriver as his finisher, but it never goes through. Some wrestlers believe the key to getting piledrivers approved is to remove “piledriver” from the name, like with the Canadian Destroyer.
- Meltzer claims that the recent NXT kidnappings are based on the Symbionese Liberation Army.
- Per Meltzer, Mauro Ranallo’s commentary on this week’s episode of NXT was recorded at his home in California, and he was not in Orlando at the Performance Center.
- Five-time NWA World Heavyweight Champion Adam Pearce was the person who helped put together the match between Charlotte Flair and Rhea Ripley at WrestleMania 36, according to PW Insider.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.