Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Per TalkSport’s Alex McCarthy, the SmackDown Women’s title match at WrestleMania 36 will be a six-pack challenge featuring Bayley, Sasha Banks, Naomi, Lacey Evans, Carmella, and one other name.
- McCarthy also says the original plan was for Sasha vs. Bayley, but Banks injury caused them to change that.
- From the same report: Alexa Bliss & Nikki Cross will be added to the Divas of Doom vs. Kabuki Warriors Women’s Tag title match in Tampa.
- Wrestling Observer noted that Vince McMahon made several late changes to last week’s Raw including having Riddick Moss beat Ricochet instead of R-Truth, having Aleister Black take his first singles loss, and revealing Erick Rowan’s spider.
- PW Insider reports Scott Steiner had a “cardiac episode” Friday night at the Impact taping in Atlanta and underwent a heart procedure over the weekend.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.