Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- Creative for the Edge/Randy Orton program is largely coming from Paul Heyman with a lot of input from Edge & Orton, says WrestlingNews.co. When Edge comes back, the story will likely be that he’s wrestling against doctor’s orders.
- That report also say we shouldn’t take Orton’s RKO-ing Beth Phoenix as sign we’ll see men hitting moves on women on WWE TV with any regularity.
- According to Tokyo Sports, WWE has been in talks with All Japan Pro-Wrestling since last summer. AJPW owner Jun Akiyama will be guest coaching at the Orlando Performance Center in May, and Yahoo Japan says he’ll meet with Triple H again then. Speculation is this could lead to a Japanese Performance Center and the launch of NXT Japan.
- AEW contracts give the company the right to drug test wrestlers, per Dave Meltzer of Wrestling Observer Radio, but he’s not aware of any written drug or wellness policy.
- PW Insider reported Teddy Hart was back in jail in in Richmond, Virginia on Wednesday. He violated his house arrest from his previous arrest.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.