Tonight (March 4) All Elite Wrestling comes our way from the 1stBank Center in Broomfield, Colorado. This past Saturday was the first All Elite PPV for 2020, Revolution. Kenny Omega & Hangman Page retained their championship titles as did AEW women’s champion, Nyla Rose and Jon Moxley defeated Chris Jericho to become the second AEW world heavyweight champion!
Advertised for tonight:
- Jon Moxley & Darby Allin vs. The Inner Circle (Chris Jericho & Sammy Guevara)
- Colt Cabana & SCU vs. The Dark Order
- PAC vs. Chuck Taylor
- Jake Hager vs. QT Marshall
- Big Swole in action
Here are five questions about AEW tonight:
1) What kind of champion will Jon Moxley be?
He did it. Jon Moxley has dethroned Le Champion! While the match itself wasn’t anything to write home about (I’m sorry the eye patch reveal was lame) the results are exciting. After the match Moxley addressed the crowd and said that he would be a fighting champion (as if he could help it). The question is who is he fighting and what does that look like?
Jericho and the Inner Circle are going to be out for blood and you know PAC is always ready to do a murder. After his win over Cody, MJF is going to be as insufferable as ever, heck, even Mox’s pal, Darby Allin is going to want a shot!
Tonight he’ll fight Jericho and Guevara with Allin at his side...all the more reason for Allin to request a future title shot. “Remember all the times I helped you? Give me a title shot or I’ll get you with my skateboard!”
2) Is this the week we find out who The Exalted One is?
Colt Cabana is teaming up with SCU to face The Dark Order tonight and doesn’t that sounds like the perfect opportunity to reveal their leader?
They have been teasing the reveal of The Exalted one for weeks and the way I see it there are three options:
- Matt Hardy - Matt is officially done with WWE and every one has been dropping hints that it is him for weeks. Even just this morning Matt Hardy “Tonight will be DELIGHTFUL.” Hardy makes the most sense as he has been looking for a way to push past WWE creative for months to release his inner Deletor. Plus, Dark Order is far from being over. Matt Hardy got us all to care about the well being of a literal drone. If anyone can get this stable over, it’s him.
- Christoper Daniels - I mean, they have been teasing it, but it just seems like a boring choice. Way more interesting for his team to turn on him only to reveal that it wasn’t him all along. J’accuse! Then maybe we can get an internal SCU battle without adding CD to Dark Order. I love heel CD, but I just don’t want him to be the leader of a cult. Been there. Done that.
- Colt Cabana - WILD CARD. It’s unlikely but his timing is suspicious. Also, evil mustache twirling Colt would be an interesting thing to see.
3) Time for a Young Bucks heel turn?
They lost. Again. Now what? Being Mr. & Mr. goody two shoes isn’t really doing it for The Bucks. Something has to change.
I know that they teased an Adam Page heel turn on Kenny with that little post outside the ring rope stunt, but really he has no reason to. Sure Kenny is trying to keep the band together and that hurts Page’s feelings, but the crowd is OVER for Hangman, he always gets free beer and there is gold around his waist. Why should he turn?
The Bucks on the other hand were basically booed out of the building on Saturday. The crowd has turned on them and they keep losing. What do they have to be nice about? Sure Kenny is trying but he’s doing a bad job. Plus, The Bucks are just more fun as heels.
4) Who will be Nyla Rose’s next challenger?
Nyla has defeated both Riho and Kris Statlander. She’s a good choice for the champion, she does, after all, “break bitches,” but what Nyla really needs to solidify her reign is a good ole fashioned feud. Hell, what the women’s division needs is a good ole fashioned feud. But who should it be?
The way I see it there are two options - Britt Baker or Big Swole.
Britt has been tearing it up lately and has made some great points. She was the first signed, she’s on TV the most, she is, ostensibly, the face of the company. Plus, she’s been racking up the Ws. Sure, they are both heels, but they are so different and their dynamics both on the mic and in the ring would be fascinating to watch.
In her short time in AEW Big Swole has become a crowd favorite - for good reason. Her personality bleeds through the screen, her matches are fun to watch and she’s got that whole “underdog full of heart” thing down pat. A Swole versus Nyla feud could get her over even more. She might not win, but the crowd will be invested in her and that golden underdog/crowd favorite status is sure to solidify. And Nyla? She would look even more like a beast because she murdered everyone’s favorite. Win/Win.
5) How has MJF’s controversial win over Cody affected the American Nightmare?
MJF barely, and I mean BARELY, eeked out a win over Cody. Sure, it’s not as embarrassing as losing to Maxwell clean, but it has to have done something terrible to Cody’s already mixed up mind (I mean, a normal person doesn’t get THAT tattoo).
How will Cody spin this loss? Will he accept defeat and move on? Will he take it out on his team? Will he lose his marbles and go after MJF? Will he get another neck tattoo?!?
Tune into AEW on TNT at 8 ET tonight to see if we get any answers to these questions!