Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- According to PW Insider, WWE is already getting ready for its next trip to Saudi Arabia. there was apparently talk of doing a show in August but it’s looking more likely to be October or November.
- Insider also says WWE held a meeting backstage at Monday Night Raw this week to go over information on the coronavirus so the wrestlers can protect themselves against it.
- WrestleVotes notes the last WWE Hall of Fame lineup they saw including The British Bulldog and Jushin Thunder Liger.
- A fun one Bryan Alvarez told on Wrestling Observer Radio: Vince McMahon apparently started allowing the Canadian Destroyer again because he saw it in NXT and wanted it on the main roster.
- Vanessa Borne and Mansoor were backstage at Raw this week, though it’s unclear exactly why, says PW Insider.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.