Don’t have time to follow all of AEW’s online content? Don’t worry. We got you covered with the AEW Rewind, which will rewind through social media bits and YouTube videos from the past week to prepare you for Dynamite tonight.
Arn Anderson was back with Coach’s Corner after Cody Rhodes’ defeat to MJF at Revolution. Arn actually praised MJF for taking such a beating and still winning. He advised MJF that this is a marathon, not a sprint. Don’t hang his hat on that win. Arn had yet to speak with Cody after the loss. Arn’s analysis was that Cody made a mistake and, “A good man got beat by somebody pulling one out of their ass.”
#CoachsCorner w/ Arn Anderson (@TheArnShow) | 2/29/20 Chicago, IL— All Elite Wrestling (@AEWrestling) March 1, 2020
Arn gives his thoughts on @the_mjf vs @codyrhodes pic.twitter.com/f3Ag86Lbnq
The search for Shawn Spears’ tag partner continues. Tully Blanchard has opened up the search to the world. Send in a 30 second video to show you have what it takes.
Tully Blanchard and Shawn Spears (@Perfec10n) are looking for the Perfect Partner, could it be you?— All Elite Wrestling (@AEWrestling) February 28, 2020
Submit your videos now using the hashtag #SearchForSpears or email them to firstname.lastname@example.org pic.twitter.com/f4Ff7hoKAJ
That was an unexpected turn in that story. I hope it actually leads to Spears getting a legit partner.
My favorite thing from the past week is a toy set with a little bit of the bubbly. I’m a mark for the bubbly.
Road to Denver
“AEW Road to Denver,” (here) featured:
- Cody explained his new tattoo. He has wanted to get it for over a year. About the neck placement, this tattoo is not something he wants to cover up. It represents individual identity. Cody hopes to continue to grow the Nightmare family.
- Colt Cabana put over the Elite for building AEW. To sign a contract with AEW says this will be his number one focus. Cabana sees the correct values in the company. He’s eager to apply the lessons he’s learned in over 20 years of wrestling.
- Jimmy Havoc called out Luther. This is worth watching if you are interested in that feud.
"Well, you've cornered me @KillLutherKill. But, I do not care if I live or die anymore - and that's why you should be scared" - @JimmyHavoc— All Elite Wrestling (@AEWrestling) March 4, 2020
Watch #AEWDynamite LIVE every Wednesday night on @TNTDrama 8e/7c. #AEWonTNT @AEWonTNT pic.twitter.com/NKHFFq4v8f
- Stephen Amell talked about experiencing an AEW show as part of the crowd. This is what the wrestling industry needed. The scene cut off with a question off-camera about if he will do another match. No answer was given.
- A music video highlight recap for Revolution finished with the Jon Moxley post-match promo.
Being the Elite
“Revolution” - Being The Elite, Ep. 193 (here) featured:
- The Young Bucks and Kenny Omega were icing up after their match at Revolution. Matt Jackson thought it was one of the craziest matches he’s ever had. This was behind the scenes and not in character.
- The Bucks discussed their travel of late. They’ve only been home for two days in the past 16. Nick Jackson’s wife will be welcoming a third child soon. It could come at any time.
- Christopher Daniels approached someone to discuss his personal problems. That person turned out to be Orange Cassidy. CD was feeling stressed. This whole Dark Order thing has put bad thoughts in the heads of Frankie Kazarian and Scorpio Sky. He’s been trying to wrestle, but the office pushes it back. CD asked OC about his secret to being calm and collected. OC reached into his inner jacket pocket and pulled out an extra pair of sunglasses. CD put them on then saw things in a different light, so to speak. Thumbs up by OC. Thumbs up by CD. CD clarified that he wasn’t making fun of the thumbs up. He can’t straighten his thumb due to a past injury.
- Peter Avalon approached Leva Bates to apologize about not being available for Valentine’s Day. He wasn’t feeling well. He offered to book a reading. They weren’t exactly sure what ‘book a reading’ meant on the flyer Avalon was holding. It turned out to be a tarot card reading with the advisor Benigno Bodega. Bodega called Avalon a liar. He was spending time with someone else on Valentine’s Day. The librarians left and argued in the hall. Avalon accidentally hit Nyla Rose. She roared. Avalon and Bates ran away.
- A fan received a special experience of announcing the Young Bucks. They surprised him with their full entrance.
- At C2E2, Cody had to wear a puffy scarf to hide the surprise of his new tattoo. Meet and greet footage followed.
- At Revolution, fans were presented with interactive wrist bands to coordinate music of the show. That explanation flew over my head. Any Cagesiders in attendance get a chance to use the wristbands? How did that work out?
- Brandon Cutler was offering free samples of Matt Jackson’s fine coffee. Sammy Guevara rolled up. He loved the brew. Sammy had an idea to do a show within a show with Cutler. Cutler hated the idea.
- Matt Jackson was in the locker room when Sammy intruded for his vlog. Matt felt bad about breaking Sammy’s sunglasses on a superkick during the tag team battle royal. Matt surprised Sammy with a new pair of Ray-Ban sunglasses. Sammy hugged Matt in gratitude.
- The Bucks asked Kenny Omega to pass a message to Hangman Page. No matter how crazy their match will get, the Elite is forever.
- The final scene was Matt getting a phone call from the 910 area code. They had a new trip to take and won’t be going home after all. Speculation is that this was a Matt Hardy tease.
This was an alright episode of Being the Elite. A lot happened in 26 minutes, but, at the same time, not a lot happened in regard to advancing stories. The best scene was CD with OC. As much as I’m not too fond of the Young Bucks’ characters on Dynamite, they sure seem like swell guys in real life.
We’ll close with a couple of promos from before Revolution. The content is past its expiration date, but the visuals are amusing to watch if you missed them.
Britt Baker and Tony Schiavone palled around at C2E2. Baker also inspired Orange Cassidy’s attire.
.@RealBrittBaker, @tonyschiavone24 and @orangecassidy at the #AEW booth this morning @c2e2 pic.twitter.com/AgXWnnfrEk— All Elite Wrestling (@AEWrestling) February 28, 2020
Here’s footage of Orange Cassidy warming up before his match against PAC.
Tonight on #AEWRevolution, it's @BASTARDPAC vs. @orangecassidy.— All Elite Wrestling (@AEWrestling) March 1, 2020
Who have you got taking the win tonight?
Watch #AEW Revolution TONIGHT via @brlive or @FiteTV! pic.twitter.com/TcCoDp1hE8
Luchasaurus had some stuff to say, but the real treat is observing Marko Stunt and Jungle Boy in the background.
#JurassicExpress shares with us what match on #AEWRevolution they're looking forward to the most.— All Elite Wrestling (@AEWrestling) March 1, 2020
Watch #AEW Revolution TONIGHT via @brlive or @FiteTV! pic.twitter.com/Z6ryW93mat
Joey Janela finished his promo talking about ladies lining up for his nutella.
What match at #AEWRevolution are you excited to see?@JANELABABY will be watching @sammyguevara vs. @darbyallin very closely.— All Elite Wrestling (@AEWrestling) February 29, 2020
Watch #AEW Revolution TONIGHT via @brlive or @FiteTV! pic.twitter.com/dynozKGprv
Lexy Nair killed me with her sign-off of, “You can find Janela’s nutella at any local grocery store near you.” Ewww, that’s so gross. I definitely will not be visiting any stores that carry Joey’s goo. How about you?