Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- According to WWE Network News, WrestleMania 36 is listed internally as having a three hour and fifteen minute run time on Saturday, and a three hour run time on Sunday. That’s not counting pre-shows.
- Dave Meltzer said on Wrestling Observer Radio that here’s been a lot of confusion among cable companies and PPV providers about what to charge for the two-night WrestleMania.
- Superstars will get their downside guarantee for working WrestleMania 36, but Sportskeeda’s Tom Colohue has heard there won’t be bonuses for most wrestlers.
- On Twitter, Meltzer refuted the rumor that Vince McMahon was the only person behind the scenes at WWE pushing for WrestleMania to go forward despite the pandemic.
- WWE sent out a survey which indicated one option they’re considering for future empty arena TV broadcasts involves putting live celebrity and fan webcams on screen for reactions during matches.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.