Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- The expectation is we’ll start learning what matches will air on which night of WrestleMania 36 as early as later this evening on Monday Night Raw.
- Dave Meltzer noted on Wrestling Observer Radio that the triple threat ladder match for the SmackDown tag team titles at WrestleMania 36 could end up playing out with just one member of each team wrestling.
- The belief is Austin Theory stepped in for Andrade at WrestleMania 36 because Paul Heyman sees something in him.
- While Alberto El Patron mentioned there being interest from WWE in his working for the company again, the Wrestling Observer Newsletter says there is no truth to that and he’s more or less in the same boat as CM Punk right now.
- WWE’s plan to replace big event gatherings leading up to WrestleMania is an increased presence on social media, as they’ll be pushing as much content as possible.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.