Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- CM Punk’s agent actually reached out to WWE about doing business together, says the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, but was shot down because Vince McMahon doesn’t ever want to work with Punk again, apparently.
- There were rumors going around that Asuka, Cesaro, Edge, and Kevin Owens were pulled from WrestleMania 36 but they all worked the show as scheduled, per the Observer.
- According to PW Insider, Murphy was supposed to be on Monday Night Raw this past week but he wasn’t cleared for the show.
- Insider also says WWE is scheduled to resume TV tapings on April 10 and all tapings for the month of April are scheduled for the Performance Center with all live events still canceled.
- The Observer notes WWE has made the decision not to use Akam while Rezar is out injured.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.