Speculating on the rumors surrounding pro wrestling is a favored pastime of many fans, perhaps second only to actually watching the matches. In this daily column, we take a look at the latest rumors being churned out by the pro wrestling rumor mill.
Important reminder: Rumors are just that — rumors. None of this has been confirmed as fact, it’s just circulating around the pro wrestling rumor mill. We track rumor accuracy in a weekly feature called Rumor Look Back you can find here. Remember, take it all with a grain of salt.
Rumors for the Day:
- There is word going around that WWE plans to continue filming at the Performance Center after the “stay at home” order is lifted in Orlando on Apr. 9, per Ryan Satin.
- On Wrestling Observer Radio, Dave Meltzer said there are some people in WWE who are “very upset” about Brodie Lee’s parody of Vince McMahon that aired on Dynamite.
- Meltzer also said that Scott Dawson is still under contract to WWE for a couple more weeks, but he has not been paid in six or seven weeks.
- PW Insider notes that the free WWE Network offer was done to help fans pass the time while stuck at home.
- AEW taped additional content after Dynamite went off the air this week, according to POST Wrestling.
If you have heard of any interesting rumors that you’d like to add, feel free to post them in the comments section below. Just remember they are rumors and not confirmed as fact, so please take them as such. And check our weekly Rumor Look Back here to keep track of how often rumors turn out to be correct.