Don’t have time to follow all of AEW’s online content? Don’t worry. We got you covered with the AEW Rewind, which will rewind through social media bits and YouTube videos from the past week to prepare you for Dynamite tonight.
We’ll start with a blast from MJF’s past. Here is footage of MJF signing with the Accafellas.
Guys, if you’re feeling down, let this heart felt rendition of Sugar Ray’s “Every Morning” sung by none other than @AEWrestling own:@The_MJF— Matt Koon (@mattkoonmusic) March 23, 2020
as part of his old group the
“acca fellas” cheer you up.
It worked for me.#andybernard pic.twitter.com/RXwaeOQ7gt
The Dark Order has decided to go along with social distancing during the coronavirus pandemic.
Important message from the desk of The Exalted One pic.twitter.com/5HmW07ZY1x— EVIL UNO of the DARK ORDER (@EvilUno) March 24, 2020
In addition to wrestling Jimmy Havoc, Cody Rhodes will also join commentary. AEW set up a drinking game for your pleasure (editor’s note: AEW actually deleted their tweet promoting this, but Cody was still promoting it at post time).
If you aren’t too drunk after Dynamite, you can watch Taz stream a live recap show on AEW’s YouTube channel.
Tomorrow night immediately following #AEWDynamite @OfficialTAZ will be streaming a live recap show over on our @YouTube channel.— All Elite Wrestling (@AEWrestling) March 24, 2020
Be sure to subscribe to our channel here ➡️ , https://t.co/rQt36UqnNe, and hit the bell icon to keep up to date with all things #AEW. pic.twitter.com/ApsNKHVLS0
Tony Schiavone showed off his home office with Batman memorabilia.
. @tonyschiavone24 gives us a tour of his home office. Can anyone guess who his favorite super hero is?— All Elite Wrestling (@AEWrestling) March 24, 2020
Watch #AEWDynamite every Wednesday at 8/7c on @tntdrama, or watch anytime after it airs on the TNT app and https://t.co/8RS8D9elJn pic.twitter.com/HeRJXCCMFD
Enjoy this cool photo of Orange Cassidy’s stage leap last week.
Incoming pic.twitter.com/xCwOJGBVvZ— All Elite Wrestling on TNT (@AEWonTNT) March 22, 2020
Road to Dynamite
AEW’s “Road to Dynamite,” (here) featured:
- Recap of Matt Hardy joining the Elite.
- Recap of Brodie Lee revealed as the Exalted One.
I was hoping for resolution to who the Librarians believed was the Exalted One. Since no follow-up was filmed, we’ll have to take Peter Avalon’s word that they were correct.
Being the Elite
“Quarantine” - Being The Elite, Ep. 196 (here) featured:
- Matt Jackson updated us on the status of Dynamite. They had to have the production meeting over the phone for the first time. Everyone is doing their part and getting through the coronavirus situation. Matt criticized people hoarding toilet paper. In the background, we see Kenny Omega leaving the room and stealing Matt’s toilet paper.
- 5 minutes later, Matt was drinking coffee and taking a dump. He reached back and there was no toilet paper. Matt realized Kenny stole it, then he used a towel to wipe. Cut to Omega cradling multiple rolls of toilet paper as a precious baby. Omega had quarantine hysteria.
- Footage of an empty airport while traveling
- Matt showed the closed set for Dynamite.
- Omega talked about his hand injury. Matt accidentally interrupted. He asked Omega to grab all the water bottles with his hurt hand. The water was stacked on top of a trashcan. As Omega removed each case, it was revealed Colt Cabana was hiding behind there. Omega was feeling strong about his hand, so he decided to take out the trash as well. That’s when he discovered Cabana. Shenanigans ensued as Cabana made his escape.
- Matt Hardy is ready to delete the Inner Circle.
- Hangman Page was drinking whiskey in the bar when he realized he forgot his wallet. Matt Jackson showed up to pay the bill. Matt sat down to speak to Hangman. Matt began, “Hey, man. Here’s the thing...” Cliffhanger.
This episode was highlighted by comedy from Kenny Omega and Colt Cabana. Seeing Omega’s toilet paper heist cracked me up. As did the creativity of Cabana hiding. The cliffhanger between Page and Jackson didn’t develop enough to build anticipation for next week. We’ll have to wait and see if it is a serious story development or part of a BTE gag.
We’ll close with some coronavirus quarantine content.
Hikaru Shida was busy singing karaoke at home and also provided a clip on how she does her wrestling make-up.
How to make Hikaru Shida.— HIKARU SHIDA 志田 光 (@shidahikaru) March 22, 2020
(Sorry about changing T shirts )
Angelico invited some pals to do the toilet paper kicking challenge.
#10TouchChallenge with the cancunas! #StayAtHome #YoMeQuedoEnCasa pic.twitter.com/7BtVOEyyq3— Angelico (@AngelicoAAA) March 22, 2020
Have fun with all your toilet paper and the Dynamite drinking game tonight.